When you a buy home you are solely responsible for the condition of your home from the moment you insert the keys in the front door. Maintaining your home is essential for running an efficient household and making sure everything is running smoothly in your home. So, how do you properly maintain your home to save costs and extend the life of your appliances as well as the value of your home? Here’s a quick guide to the most important home maintenance tasks to do in the summer time!
1. Thoroughly check your heating system
Take your heating system on a test run. Just run it for about 30 minutes to check for any unusual soundsor leaks
Get your heating system inspected and cleaned by a professional if need be
2. Check the plumbing system. It is safe to check out all of your systems in the summer time so that you can make sure everything is running smoothly before heading into the winter time, being prepared beforehand is always best!
Some pipes are more susceptible to freezing, including those near an outside wall or in areas of your home that are not heated like a basement. Insulate these pipes and exposed plumbing fixtures
Wrap pipes with electric heat tape or insulation
Locate the master shutoff valve and ensure everyone in the house knows where it is in case a pipe bursts and you need to immediately turn off water to the whole house.
3. Check to ensure that the exterior exhaust ducts are clear of dirt, debris, pests, or other blockages
4. Clean out the garbage disposal blades by grinding up some small ice cubes
5. Clean any ovens and ranges as needed
6. Shut off row water supply to humidifiers during the summer months
7. Check the circuits in your electrical system by turning them off and then back on
8. Check for drips and other leaks from plumbing fixtures by inspecting areas around and below all faucets and fixtures
9. Check the toilets to make sure they are properly secured to the floor and listen for any leaks to continuous running. Also check the grouting for any visible cracks.
10. Check weatherproofing around windows, doors and the roof for any leaks or cracks. Check the caulking, weather stripping and finishes for cracking or deterioration. Clean the window wells.
11. Test sump pumps. Be sure the valve and floor drains are working properly!
12. Test the water heater using the test lever on the pressure relief valve
13. Check home exterior for signs of pest infestation. The summer time is an especially cautious time for rodents, termites, and roaches to show up and move into or near your home. Be aware of any suspicious appearances and be ready to put down traps or call an exterminator immediately
Let us help guide you through new life steps and build home memories. Click here to get in contact with an agent today!
Author:Brian Cordova Phone: 210-865-7653 Dated: June 24th 2016 Views: 194 About Brian: Brian offers a wealth of knowledge when it comes to your real estate needs in San Antonio. Whether y...
The Cordova Home Team at eXp Realty is proud to serve the San Antonio, Boerne, New Braunfels, Schertz/Cibolo, Alamo Heights, Terrell Hills, and Shavano Park areas bringing with them a wealth of expertise, passion, and experience to help you with all of your real estate needs. Whether you need to sell your home, buy a new home, are interested in investment properties, need a pricing estimate, or whatever else it may be, leave it to Cordova Home Team to guide you through the necessary steps. We are here to help you find a house to turn into a loving home.
Our group includes many different personalities all dedicated to the community through their work by practicing passion, integrity, respect, and understanding. We strive to impact the local area with our abundance of heart-warming and inviting culture. Cordova Home Team specializes in merging a technology-savvy atmosphere while maintaining an engaging relationship with our clients to deliver top quality service with a sense of urgency to cater to your needs from us.
Let us listen to your questions and concerns in order to make an easeful transition into a solution especially advised for you. We are here with open ears, open hearts, and open minds to create a personable communication experience for you.
Cordova Home Team builds a connection to gain a client for life.
When you’re choosing to either buy or rent a home their are many dif
"The team consummates real estate professionalism. They are the one Realtor team I chose to use and refer. Communication is paramount and they always return each phone call, email, and text message in a timely manner. The next time I need a Realtor, I will call his team."